Head Explode

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Narcissism Personality Inventory (NPI)

Tezcatlipoca
    Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

The Narcissism Personality Inventory (NPI) Empty The Narcissism Personality Inventory (NPI)

Post  Tezcatlipoca Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:01 am

So I first took this test 2 years ago after hearing Dr. Drew mention it on Loveline where he also mentioned reality TV stars tend to score the highest since their attitude about being on TV in the first place is "Hey, it's me. I deserve my own show. How could anyone possibly be more interesting than me?"

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2009-03-16-pinsky-quiz_N.htm

I scored a fricking 9 the first time I took this test which took me by surprise since people are always telling me what a conceited, stuck up ass I am. I'm not sure why I got to thinking about it again just now but I decided to take it a second time just to see if maybe I would score higher, i.e., maybe I was just in a weird mood the first time I took the test. And I scored a 10! Not sure if I should be ecstatic or if this actually suggests low self esteem. Some of the statements are just so insane though that I can't imagine anyone ever choosing them. I am specifically referring to no. 38, which reads

38. A. I get upset when people don't notice how I look when I go out in public.
    B. I don't mind blending into the crowd when I go out in public.

Wtf? Who answers A? Like unless you're a supermodel, how the fuck do you get upset if you don't stop traffic? And if you are a supermodel, hey, you know how hot you are anyway, so why get upset? I guess that is the very definition of a narcissistic sense of entitlement however.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:02 pm