Head Explode

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Some truly legendary trolling: Squatdog

Tezcatlipoca
    Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Some truly legendary trolling: Squatdog Empty Some truly legendary trolling: Squatdog

Post  Tezcatlipoca Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:10 pm

I first discovered the Squatdog troll circa July 2005 on the bolt.com Race Relations board of all places. He made this exact post verbatim, apropos of nothing.

Topic title: Can anyone here take a full powershot from me?

Some truly legendary trolling: Squatdog Squat

Unless there are some good pros here, I doubt it.

Amidst a sea of discussions about affirmative action and holocaust denial, there appeared a pugilist challenging the crowd of would-be intellectuals to take a "full power shot" from him. I laughed till I cried at the reactions from the dullards there who had apparently never encountered a troll before ever. One of them posted a video of then burgeoning internet superstar Kimbo Slice with the comment "This guy would kick your ass!" It's a shame that site went offline and most of its posts weren't archived. But while looking around Google, I quickly found this troll had made quite an impact on the web, posting the same challenge across a score of message boards.

Can Anyone Here Take A Full Power Shot From Me?
    Can anyone here take a full powershot from me?
    Who thinks that they could take a full powershot from me?

In hindsight, I suspect Squatdog was multiple people. The first was probably a genuine idiot, the next (whomever that may have been) was someone clever enough to realize what a genius troll angle it was. From there, if my understanding of the /b/ hive mind theorem is correct, it just spread like wildfire as an angle long time posters realized they could use for trolling one another and newfags alike. Not unlike the "Shit was so cash" copypasta. The Squatdog I encountered was probably the 20th person to use the angle.

Last edited by Tezcatlipoca on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : 8====D ~ ~'..)
    This Fuckin Guy
    This Fuckin Guy
    Noobku

Some truly legendary trolling: Squatdog Empty Re: Some truly legendary trolling: Squatdog

Post  This Fuckin Guy Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:25 pm

Good Gawd, that is epic.

Not sure if you're aware of this, but if you ever want to see any old stuff from your old stomping grounds, you can always go to archive.org and then type in bolt.com into the wayback machine. Pulls up quite a bit, though I don't think most of it renders correctly. Goes back pretty far too.
    Tezcatlipoca
    Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Some truly legendary trolling: Squatdog Empty Re: Some truly legendary trolling: Squatdog

Post  Tezcatlipoca Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:46 pm

Yeah, I've known about the Wayback Machine for like 10 years now. Alas, it only archived like the front pages of Bolt; very few actual discussions are available there. Still, it's an awesome site for just reminiscing about the good ol' days of web 1.0.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:55 pm