Head Explode

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Mmmmm veggies.

Lysser
    Lysser
    Newfag

Mmmmm veggies. Empty Mmmmm veggies.

Post  Lysser Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:33 pm

"It is I! Captain Vegetable! With my carrots...and my celery!"

If you've never watched Sesame Street, that one is lost on you.

Anyway, I eat a lot of veggies. Raw veggies aren't my FAVORITE, but I eat 'em anyway because I know they're good for me and stuff, and I like a good salad a couple times a week. My obsession, though, is with roasted veggies. I can't get enough. Sometimes I eat them as a meal by themselves. Tonight, though, needing some comfort food, I roasted mushrooms, red bell pepper, onion, sugar snap peas, and garlic with lots of herbs and spices and a little bit of olive oil. I put them over a little bit of Smart Taste pasta and some red sauce. OMFG. Roasted veggies are such the lovely thing.

And asparagus with lemon juice and salt and pepper- major noms. Even though it makes my pee smell thanks to various sulfur-degrading products and volatile organic compounds.
    Tezcatlipoca
    Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Mmmmm veggies. Empty Re: Mmmmm veggies.

Post  Tezcatlipoca Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:49 am

Lysser wrote:"It is I! Captain Vegetable! With my carrots...and my celery!"

If you've never watched Sesame Street, that one is lost on you.

Anyway, I eat a lot of veggies. Raw veggies aren't my FAVORITE, but I eat 'em anyway because I know they're good for me and stuff, and I like a good salad a couple times a week. My obsession, though, is with roasted veggies. I can't get enough. Sometimes I eat them as a meal by themselves. Tonight, though, needing some comfort food, I roasted mushrooms, red bell pepper, onion, sugar snap peas, and garlic with lots of herbs and spices and a little bit of olive oil. I put them over a little bit of Smart Taste pasta and some red sauce. OMFG. Roasted veggies are such the lovely thing.

And asparagus with lemon juice and salt and pepper- major noms. Even though it makes my pee smell thanks to various sulfur-degrading products and volatile organic compounds.

Stir fried veggies are where it's at, holmes. With or without noodles, holla! Lemon juice, salt and pepper make everything taste better. Throw in some extra virgin olive oil and it's like you're covering whatever you're eating in a light salad dressing. Jamie Oliver style. Word. 🐷

Also, do you see a thanks button under this post? I think maybe it only appears for topics you create.
    Lysser
    Lysser
    Newfag

Post  Lysser Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:14 pm

Yes, indeed it is only for responses to topics I've created. That's kinda dumb, though, imo.

I stir fry a lot-- so much that I've been growing tired of stir fry altogether. Though, I still do it because it's such a great way to eat healthfully. I usually just eat well-seasoned stir fried veggies. I haven't been eating much rice or noodles these days, though, I do eat a lot of sushi rolls, and that's a mad amount of rice. I've realized I eat way too much fish and shellfish, though, and I should start limiting myself so I don't go Mad Hatter on everyone. Shellfish has a good amount of cholesterol, too, so yeah, gots ta watch that.

Oh, and I add lemon juice to so many things. I remember when I was a kid we always had lemon juice in the fridge, but we never used it. I always wondered what the hell it was for. I think it may have been because we ate like shit when we were kids. We didn't know how to eat healthfully. Thanks, parents!

Now I go through lemon juice somethin' fierce.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:56 am