Head Explode

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Do you watch television?

Lysser
    Lysser
    Newfag

Do you watch television? Empty Do you watch television?

Post  Lysser Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:26 pm

For the longest time, I didn't watch TV. For a period of months, I didn't see one thing on TV. And for over a year, I only watched TV if I was in the company of others who wanted to watch something or it was a TV show on DVD. However, I've now found myself watching at least 1-2 hrs of television about 4-5 days a week. I use the television in the background when I'm working at night, though I used to listen to hours of music. This switch seemed to happen when I moved home from being on the road.

Do you watch any television? If so, what?
    Tezcatlipoca
    Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Do you watch television? Empty Re: Do you watch television?

Post  Tezcatlipoca Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:42 pm

Good question. And no, I have not watched television since 2002, around the same time I stopped listening to the radio. I basically just kind of gave up on both rather cynically. I have downloaded torrents of certain shows on other people's recommendation, most recently Dirty Sexy Money (great first season, awful second season; not surprised it got cancelled). I've been told The Wire is like the best show ever by pretty much everyone who has ever watched it. This makes me want to watch it less, though, since it just means I will be even more disappointed if I don't end up liking it, and I probably won't. (I hated The Sopranos intensely, which is the last show everyone told me was so good and a must watch. bleh )

Lysser wrote:However, I've now found myself watching at least 1-2 hrs of television about 4-5 days a week.

That's a lot, Bill. But I can dig it if it's just there as background noise. I kind of do that with certain movies. Flibfuck apparently used to watch like 50 movies a week this way.
    This Fuckin Guy
    This Fuckin Guy
    Noobku

Post  This Fuckin Guy Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:28 am

Oh hai Lysser and Tez, how are you? Puke

I rarely watch TV. Actually, I don't own a TV and I haven't owned one for several years. I have no idea what is going on in the TV world. I do generally watch The Office on hulu, and SNL occasionally, but I am 100% out of the loop. No idea what any good shows are and I really don't make any effort to find out. Sometimes I watch 30 Rock on the hulu machine.

I spend a LOT of time on youtube though. Holy shit. Fuckin youtube man...it's like a vortex.

I've noticed that when I do watch TV, like when I'm at my folks and their TV is on like 24/7, I find that I now have the attention span of a cantaloupe. I can't follow along. I drift off very quickly, within 20 seconds, and I'm thinking of other things. It's really hard for anyone in the room to watch anything in peace because I can't keep my mouth shut.

What has happened to me? Weird thing is, this doesn't happen to me for movies. I love film, and I still watch tons of movies. One of my favorite pastimes in the world is seeing movies in movie theaters.

Now, getting back to TV -- I'm now sick of not having a TV. I'm gonna get one again, I think. I miss the sound of it in the background. I don't really watch much sports, but I do like the way it sounds. I'm weird. Also I miss vegging out in front of the TV, and falling asleep with it on in the background.
    Maugrim
    Maugrim
    Pleb

Post  Maugrim Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:22 am

I mostly watch sports on tv now since most tv shows I watch I generally watch online or on DVD.

Big Bang Theory, House, The Daily Show and 2 Broke Girls are about the only shows on live TV i still watch on a fairly regular basis.

I recently hooked my VCR up to my computer as well so that's even less incentive for me to watch tv :)
    Lysser
    Lysser
    Newfag

Post  Lysser Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:33 pm

I love Big Bang Theory. Sun

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:06 pm