Head Explode

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

The Exploitation of MMA Fighters

Tezcatlipoca
    Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

The Exploitation of MMA Fighters Empty The Exploitation of MMA Fighters

Post  Tezcatlipoca Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:43 pm

It has been estimated that UFC fighters are paid roughly 7.5% of the revenue, with the other 92.5% going to the promoters. That seems an inadequate reward for risking serious harm and disfigurement.

http://blog.headexplode.net/2011/12/exploitation-of-mma-fighters.html

Seeing that pic of Nogueira got me thinking about what a truly hard, miserable existence the average MMA fighter endures. Little Nog is actually doing fairly well now but that's after 10 years of working hard and getting the snot beat out of him for pennies. Thus I was moved to put e-pen to e-paper and authored this long winded pasting of Dana White and his kin.

Last edited by Tezcatlipoca on Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tezcatlipoca
    Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

The Exploitation of MMA Fighters Empty Re: The Exploitation of MMA Fighters

Post  Tezcatlipoca Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:50 pm

Side note: writing articles like this seems antithetical to my stated goal of keeping my mind full of clean, happy thoughts as much as possible. bleh
    Lysser
    Lysser
    Newfag

Post  Lysser Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:23 pm

I know nothing about MMA fighters or the UFC except a friend of a friend works for the UFC and travels with them on their private jets to all the fights and stuff. I don't understand it, or why they get the crap beat out of them for what seems to be such little money. I guess it's just the determination and satisfaction of pushing their bodies to the limits while making a living out of it?
    anonX

The Exploitation of MMA Fighters Empty Another solution

Post  anonX Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:36 pm

There is something else aside from a fighter's union. Fans can boycott. We can refuse to watch exploitation until salaries improve. Same thing with buying sweatshop-labour products. Raise the consciousness of the consumer about what they're supporting. Start a boycott UFC facebook page and promote it.
    lulzyFUK

Post  lulzyFUK Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:49 pm

MMA fighters are fags lol
    Tezcatlipoca
    Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Post  Tezcatlipoca Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:44 pm

Former UFC fighter Nate Quarry, who fought Rich Franklin for the middleweight title, describes his experiences dealing with the UFC.

“When I signed with the UFC this is what I was told:

We can’t pay you much but you can have any sponsors you want.

Then: We need to approve your sponsors.

Then: You can’t have any conflicting sponsors.

Then: You can’t thank your sponsors after fights.

Then: We are not approving any sponsors that we don’t like their product.

Then: Your sponsors have to pay us a fee of $50,000 for the pleasure to sponsor you.

Then: Your sponsors have to pay us a fee of $100,000 for the pleasure to sponsor you."

"I fought for the world title for $10,000. Not a penny more. No bonus. No cut of the PPV. The gate alone was 3.5 million dollars. The third highest gate in UFC history at the time. And they must have loved the fight cuz they show the final punch at the start of EVERY UFC PPV. :-)

http://www.cagepotato.com/rant-of-the-day-nate-quarry-says-the-ufc-cares-nothing-about-the-fighters/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 pm