Head Explode

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

A Pet Peeve: "My People..."

Tezcatlipoca
    Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

A Pet Peeve: "My People..." Empty A Pet Peeve: "My People..."

Post  Tezcatlipoca Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:36 am

I greatly dislike it when an upper middle class African American from Sacramento who was born in 1992, privately educated, drives a BMW paid for by mommy and daddy and raised in a McMansion talks about how hard life is because they're black. And moreover, how great black people are because "We built this country!" To which you respond, "Uh, you were born in 1992, you didn't build jack shit" and they in turn respond "Well, my people built this country. Do you have any idea what my people have gone through?"

Actually, yeah, I do. It doesn't change the fact that you personally are a pain in the ass self pitying 19 year old who has contributed nothing of value to society, endured absolutely no major hardship whatsoever and has jack shit to complain about.

Edit: video related. I love this fucking guy.

Lysser
    Lysser
    Newfag

A Pet Peeve: "My People..." Empty Re: A Pet Peeve: "My People..."

Post  Lysser Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:07 pm

"I can assess your relative blackness."

LOL. Good stuff. It was kind of funny when he lost it and cracked up a few times.
    Flibfuck
    Flibfuck
    Pleb

Post  Flibfuck Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:22 am

No, my family built this country. Okay, not the whole country, but we did found the state of South Carolina. I am in no way responsible for their recent ridiculousness. So my people built this country by using his people. His people were the colonial equivalent of a power tool. Now that's tasteless.

On the other hand, I'd like to see South Carolina's state motto changed to "If at first you don't secede..."
    knave
    knave
    Pleb

Post  knave Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:57 am

Although my opinion is completely irrelevant to anything that actually happens, the entire idea of a "people" and a "nation" is philosophically almost meaningless and politically extremely destructive. Didn't we learn anything from WWII?

I heard Pat Buchanan say that these ideas are becoming more not less potent, and unfortunately, he's probably right. As "countries" with territorial boundaries become less important, "peoples" become more important; in other words, mankind is regressing into tribal conflict, just like the so-called "savages."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 am