Head Explode

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch, known as MCA, dead at 47

Tezcatlipoca
    Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch, known as MCA, dead at 47 Empty Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch, known as MCA, dead at 47

Post  Tezcatlipoca Sat May 05, 2012 1:45 pm

Rapper Adam Yauch, a third of the trailblazing hip-hop act the Beastie Boys, has died aged 47.

Yauch, who performed as MCA, had been in treatment for cancer since 2009 after discovering a tumor in his parotid gland.

The band's management posted a lengthy statement on the Beastie Boys website:

It is with great sadness that we confirm that musician, rapper, activist and director Adam "MCA" Yauch, founding member of Beastie Boys and also of the Milarepa Foundation that produced the Tibetan Freedom Concert benefits, and film production and distribution company Oscilloscope Laboratories, passed away in his native New York City this morning after a near-three-year battle with cancer.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/may/04/beastie-boys-adam-yauch-dead

This saddens me tremendously. I was a fan of his music and really admired his work as an activist for Tibet.

I didn't even know he was sick. Sad
    Lysser
    Lysser
    Newfag

Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch, known as MCA, dead at 47 Empty Re: Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch, known as MCA, dead at 47

Post  Lysser Sun May 06, 2012 12:37 pm

I knew he was sick a few years back, but I thought he had fought it off. I didn't know he was still battling. I was SO sad to hear about this, as I was such a fan.

When I was probably a freshman in high school I wrote an essay on the Beastie Boys and their activism entitled "Feastie on the Beastie". Cheesy title, I know, but it was an awesome essay.

Anyway, Adam Yauch will be missed. We lose all the good ones. Sad
    Tezcatlipoca
    Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch, known as MCA, dead at 47 Empty Re: Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch, known as MCA, dead at 47

Post  Tezcatlipoca Sun May 06, 2012 3:36 pm

I thought this was pretty amazing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 am