Head Explode

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Losing religion for equality

Lysser
    Lysser
    Newfag

Losing religion for equality Empty Losing religion for equality

Post  Lysser Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:35 pm

Losing my religion for equality

I just stumbled upon this after having a discussion with my mother about the Bible and how people use it justify their own bad behaviors, especially that of discrimination and abuse toward women. (We have many of these talks. Mum is still sort of religious but is starting to come around as to how absurd it all really is.)

Jimmy Carter gave up his ties to religion and wrote an op-ed about losing his religion for the sake of equality. This is from 2009.
    Lysser
    Lysser
    Newfag

Losing religion for equality Empty Re: Losing religion for equality

Post  Lysser Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:36 pm

I also find it funny that he emits that he has more freedom to oppose this crap because he's not a politician looking for votes. I read that bit after pondering, "Why the fuck didn't Jimmy realize this all long ago?"
    Tezcatlipoca
    Tezcatlipoca
    Internet Messiah
    Internet Messiah

Post  Tezcatlipoca Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:02 pm

Yes, I too find it odd that it takes some people ages to figure out religion is bullshit and it is okay to not be ultra religious. Nonetheless, better late than never! I always see it as a blow struck for truth when a high profile public figure comes out of the atheism closet. king
    Lysser
    Lysser
    Newfag

Post  Lysser Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:58 pm

It's funny to look back on my posts and see how awful my spelling, grammar, and word usage is. Granted, the day I posted all this stuff I was heavily medicated, but man...my mind has been somewhere else lately. I feel like a fraction of myself.

I put "emits" in one of the posts above. That's now what I meant to type. Why did I do that? So fucking weird.
    Number 6
    Number 6
    Pleb

Post  Number 6 Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:50 pm

Lysser wrote:It's funny to look back on my posts and see how awful my spelling, grammar, and word usage is. Granted, the day I posted all this stuff I was heavily medicated, but man...my mind has been somewhere else lately. I feel like a fraction of myself.

I put "emits" in one of the posts above. That's now what I meant to type. Why did I do that? So fucking weird.

lololol It's okay, it's just the drugs.

You could have said "emits" because he didn't just admit to having that problem, but he also EMITTED the message to us - albeit through the medium of writing. lol

Feel better now?
    Lysser
    Lysser
    Newfag

Post  Lysser Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:52 pm

Number 6 wrote:
    Lysser wrote:It's funny to look back on my posts and see how awful my spelling, grammar, and word usage is. Granted, the day I posted all this stuff I was heavily medicated, but man...my mind has been somewhere else lately. I feel like a fraction of myself.

lololol It's okay, it's just the drugs.

You could have said "emits" because he didn't just admit to having that problem, but he also EMITTED the message to us - albeit through the medium of writing. lol

Feel better now?
    Yes, I knew "emits" made sense, but it wasn't what I was going for. I don't really feel better about it.
    Number 6
    Number 6
    Pleb

Post  Number 6 Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:24 pm

Losing religion for equality Clown-300x226

How about now?
    Lysser
    Lysser
    Newfag

Post  Lysser Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:50 pm